Staples Made a $1 Million Donation to DonorsChoose.org and Is Encouraging Customers to Donate In-Stores or Online
When I received a call asking if I’d help spread the word about the partnership between Staples, Inc., DonsorChoose.org, and Katy Perry, I couldn’t say yes fast enough. Â After hearing the passion Katy Perry had to help teachers, I knew this was a message that had to be heard by as many educators and supporters of education as possible. Â To hear this message, enjoy the 1 minute video below… from Katy herself!
Staples and Katy Perry team up to support teachers and students
What an opportunity to support students and teachers, right?!? Â As a classroom teacher, it warms my heart to know that such incredible companies and celebrities not only support teachers but they understand our passion for what we do in the classroom each day for our students.
I invite you to read the complete announcement for further details.
WIN Big for Teachers – that’s YOU!
June 26 – September 1… fans who spend $25 or more in any Staples store will receive a unique entry code on their receipt to enter the sweepstakes online at Staples.com/StaplesForStudents.
- 1 grand prize winner = $50,000 Scholarship AND a trip for two to Los Angeles to meet superstar, Katy Perry
- 4 first prize winners = (and one guest) will also win air travel to Los Angeles, two nights stay, and spending money to meet Katy Perry at the VIP Winner’s Celebration
Entries must be submitted before September 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM ET and entrants must be 13 years or older. Visit Staples.com/StaplesForStudents for official rules.
How YOU Can Help:
Did You Know…
An estimated 99.5 percent of all public school teachers use their own money to equip their classrooms, frequently at a cost of more than $400 per year (Education Market Association). Â
- Donate to StaplesForStudents -Â (as little or as much as you’d like… EVERY bit helps)
- Spread the Word – Retweet Katy’s Tweet sharing the news!
- Join the Conversation – Use the hashtag #StaplesForStudents
- Enter the Sweepstakes – use your unique entry code from your Staples receipt of $25 or more!
â€œWhen I teamed up with Staples in 2014, I learned firsthand how desperately teachers need our support â€“ many of them even dig into their own pockets to provide simple tools that we would expect to already be available in our classrooms. So when Staples approached me again this year, I jumped at the opportunity because I saw the lasting effect our collaboration had on DonorsChoose.org and thousands of teachers and students.â€ – Katy Perry
This is a sponsored blog post. Â All thoughts are my own.