I’ve spent a good part of my time in the classroom before Spring Break making videos with my students using MySimpleShow, a new way to creatively craft content into brief, engaging videos.
I must admit… now that I’m on Spring Break, much of my time has still been devoted to putting together videos sharing parts of our vacation and watching my own children’s videos. Once you start, you’ll see how quick and easy it is to do. Oh… I almost forgot one of the best parts. Not only is MySimpleShow easy to use, it’s free too!
View the 1 minute video below to see how awesome MySimpleShow is…
Top Reasons I Love MySimpleShow:
- Easy to Use (my 8 year old created a review of Because of Winn-Dixie – click here to hear from Jacob on why he loves using MySimpleShow)
- Allows Users to Focus on What’s Important, the Content (the website allows students to focus on the writing and content creation while they generate the fonts, music, and images based on what the writer has typed)
- Quick (publish your creation in a matter of minutes)
- FUN to create and watch!
See an Example Video Creation:
How it Works…
There are many video creation applications and websites to choose from today. I am happy to add MySimpleShow as a new favorite to share with all of you.
My students love to publish content and demonstrate their learning. However, sometimes the process of finding images, saving them, and uploading them into a different site all for the sake of publishing content can take away from the experience of simply wanting to share one’s ideas or new learning. In other words, as my students may say, “Sometimes we just want to jot our thinking and share it in a cool way.” Well, MySimpleShow allows for that… no time consumed playing with fonts, pictures, etc. Students can do through the process of writing their scripts and allow the website to generate the images and audio in a matter of seconds.
- Write Your Own Scrip or Upload a PowerPoint File – If you choose to write your own script, simply select from a variety of templates to suit your video needs. Or you can go the upload route and extract the texts from an existing PowerPoint.
- Select Your Template – MySimpleShow has custom templates already created for you to choose from! Whether you’re looking for a professional, educational, or personal video, there’s a template for you!
- Begin Writing Your Script – Based on the template you select, MySimpleShow makes it easy for you to type in your script. I especially like how the sections are separated into smaller portions in order not to overwhelm students with the process of writing. Additionally, I appreciate how each section provides two examples of mentor text for the student to use as a model, or guide as they begin drafting their own ideas.
- Edit, Preview, and Publish – Once your script is entered into each section, you can preview your creation. If no edits are to be made, simply publish your final work. However, if you would like to fine-tune any aspect, users have the option to upload their own photos in place of some of the existing (auto-generated) art they’ve selected. Users also have the option to unselect any highlighted text in order to not have the focus be on that particular word. In turn, they may decide to highlight another word and select from the site’s art or upload their own.
A Few Fun Surprises
After viewing several examples of educational videos uploaded to the site, I decided to create a more personal video to introduce myself to my students. It was super easy to add my own photos and to switch out the art within the script.
I’d love to hear how you enjoy using MySimpleShow. As soon as I shared it with my class, they couldn’t wait to get started creating videos to demonstrate their learning and share with others. I encourage you to give it a try. You will truly be amazed with how quick and easy the site is to use. Your video can be ready in just minutes!
This is a sponsored post. All views are my own.