Future Ready Schools
Preparing Students for Success
I’m honored to be a part of this year’s annual Digital Learning Day held in Washington D.C. on March 13, 2015 with inspiring educators from around the country. In years past, I’ve followed the event closely from Twitter and through the resources attendees shared out during the conference. I’m always inspired by the single focus guiding this day of collaboration and sharing: students. When we keep kids at the heart of what we do, better decisions are made that will truly make a difference in the lives of learners.
Be sure to also take a moment and check out the joint effort between the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology and The Alliance for Excellent Education on Future Ready Schools. Join the thousands of schools across the country who have already taken the pledge!
Learn more about Future Ready Schools – click here to visit the Office of Educational Technology website for additional resources. I also invite you to view my recent conversation with The U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology regarding “What Are Future Ready Classrooms?” Simply click the video below to hear the discussion.
What is Digital Learning Day?
Digital Learning Day is a celebration to highlight the importance of providing opportunities to all students that will better prepare them for their future. Throughout the day, stories will be shared by thought leaders and educators who have personally seen positive transformations take shape within their districts through the use of integrating technology in meaningful ways to connect students and communities, enhance curriculum, and empower teachers while enabling their ability to better personalize instruction for all learners. You can click here to read more about DLD.
Why Support Digital Learning Day?
The power of having so many real stories shared on one day, for one event, has a huge impact. The amount of information and resources curated from DLD is impressive! Creating awareness for the importance of educational technology is imperative. Oftentimes, many believe integrating technology is about putting devices into the hands of students. However, DLD helps to share the narrative of planning for meaningful integration of technology by leading with the learning.
|Technology Has Positive Impacts on Student Learning|
Thomas Murray, State and District Digital Learning Director for The Alliance of Excellent Education recently interviewed Dr. Linda Darling-Hammond regarding “Three Factors for Success in Using Technology to Support At-Risk Students.” You can click here to view the full report.
Who Can Be a Part of Digital Learning Day?
Everyone! Our hope is to see this event continue growing each year… that’s why we are personally reaching out to every educator across the country to invite them to take part in this day of collaboration, learning, and sharing. Together our collective voice is stronger!
You can click here to view past National Town Hall Webcasts from the live events.
Register for the event by clicking here!
How Do I Get Involved With Digital Learning Day?
There are several ways to get involved and support digital learning in education. Please find one or a few ways below to support this effort! We would love to have your support and involvement.
|Amazing Free Classroom Resources for Teachers|
- Nominate YOUR Digital Learning Champion – click here
- Check out the vast archive or rich, free resources for teachers! – click here
- Show your support of digital learning and use this image on any of your social media sites or blog posts to help spread the word about Digital Learning Day! Please link it to the following URL: http://www.digitallearningday.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=11
- Follow the buzz leading up to the event and the day of by using the hashtag #DLDay
- Visit the site and see how you can make a difference for kids! – click here
- Register to attend the 2015 National Teaching and Learning Conference – click here
- Join @OfficialDLD on Twitter to Stay Connected – click here
- See the FULL DLD Schedule of events – click here
- Check out the presenters and speakers for this national event – click here
- Subscribe to the AEE mailing list – click here
- Subscribe to the DLD mailing list – click here
Be Sure To Check Out The Free Online Resources!
– Simply Click the Image Below to Connect To Some of My Favorite Digital Goodies –