Skype allows students across the world to converse and interact with each other on a regular basis. This is an extremely beneficial addition to any classroom as our society becomes more global. For the students forming relationships with children in other states or countries, their broadening horizons will enhance their lives for years to come.
- Skype is a great tool for connecting groups of people.
- Skype connects people anywhere on the planet.
Occasionally there is a language or communication barrier, which can be addressed and overcome on playback.
- In the cases of a unique experience, say a call from the US to Australia, many teachers will often facilitate a Skype call with a large group, say 30-50 students, possibly on both ends of the call.
Unfortunately, large groups can become a distraction at times, and even something so minor as a cough or a sneeze will prevent part of the group from hearing something important.
- Similar to any phone call, once a Skype call is over, itâ€™s over.
It is not a book that can be reread for clarity. Many teachers shy away from facilitating Skype calls as they are often a classroom management project, and teaching to the main points of the call can get lost in the shuffle. It can be difficult for the teacher to pay attention to the call in some situations if technical difficulties occur, or there is a behavioral issue in the classroom. Thus, teaching after the call does not occur.
- Both Audio and Video: Record all audio and video streams including Skype voice mail and screen sharing video.
- Easiest to Use: Very easy to record and playback.
- Highest Quality: Supertintin records by capturing original media data while making sure there is no data loss. Because it is not a screen-capture recorder, video quality is not affected at all if you open, close and/or resize messenger windows while recording.
- Picture-in-Picture: Record video in Picture-in-Picture, Side-by-Side, Remote-Only, or Local-Only mode! And you can also record local and remote video as two separate files.
- Saving. Supertintin lets you easily save your conversations to your computer’s hard drive or a portable USB drive, allowing you to re-watch your conversations as easily as watching your favorite DVD.